Friday, November 8, 2019

Week 11, Deadline 2: Classmate Response

This week I had the pleasure of reviewing my classmates' progress on the design of their DCPs. Parker had great success for an idea for his entry point. He plans to create an interactive video game feature that incorporates his topic and will engage the audience. I think this is a great idea, especially for his DCP. Vincent had entry point struggles, much like I did when designing my DCP. I find that deciding on an entry point to have been the most difficult challenge. He had planned on using an interactive wheel but later decided it might send the wrong message of fortune and luck which is on the opposite end of what he wants to convey to his audience. Jenna seems to have created a really great layout and has great local pictures for her DCP which really adds to the design.

At this point I have not made many revisions, I have instead chosen places of my DCP I want to focus on next. I want my design aesthetic to be simple, modern, professional, and with an analogous color palette. For my entry point, I have a call to read further on the left side and a slideshow of high-resolution pet pictures. The left side has a link to the main feature of my DCP - my narrative. My plan is to keep my DCP professional and simple. I believe a simple and professional DCP is more persuasive than one that is too casual and too flashy.

As of this deadline I'd estimate I've completed about 35% of my DCP, this might be overzealous, but I feel it might be around there. The next sections I want to focus on are my narrative section and the more information section.

                             

No comments:

Critical Reflection for Digital Curation Project

Spay and Neuter Choosing a topic for my digital curation project was not a simple task and I mulled it over for several days befo...